background

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Craft room-not just a dream anymore

When we first moved into our new house my husband, let's call him PJ, and I decided we could have "rooms" for ourselves....they could be our own private space. His was to be a music room/studio and within a couple months we had complimented his room with microphones, amps (yes, I said amps), seating, and various musical instruments to suit his interests. He even managed to make me believe he needed to download something called plugins for our MAC that would work like magic.

My room however, this ethereal vision in my mind of ribbons, eyelets, ink pads, loads of beautiful paper, a "borrowed" sewing machine, and all other wondrous things you can find in the aisles of Michael's or on amazon.com, remained something I would work on later. Later would at times mean, after installing new carpet, or after buying a new set of chairs in our family room, but soon it was hard to get motivated. I had painstakingly bookmarked different websites so that when the time was right I could search for all these wonderful cabinets, storage containers, gift wrap stations, etc, but after so much time I couldn't even remember what folder I had saved them in.

Then about 3 weeks ago I decided it was time to get with the program. With nearly 3/4 of our house decorated, why was I waiting until last for my room? Perhaps it's the guilt of the new suits I had bought, or the new lipgloss, or geez, maybe even the laundry list of things I knew I still wanted to buy that would be out in stores once spring collections arrived, but let's face it, I am a shopper. I will always be a shopper. Sorry PJ.

I have since ordered a wall decal of dandelions to put on one wall because their image is so whimsical it I spires me. I raided the local Michael's and bought some of the items I had been coveting from other craft room blogs (I am most excited about the Embellishment Center that everyone EVERYWHERE online said was sold out-I bought 2!), and I ordered an amazing table. It's the EZ View Craft Desk.

The room is just barely taking shape, but I am proud of myself for finally getting some momentum. Pics will be coming soon!

No comments: