background

Friday, February 25, 2011

The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of....

I don't intend for this to somber, I really don't, so please forgive me in advance if it makes you a little blue...

Have you ever been out at night and stared up at a star-lit sky and wondered if the fable about those stars being people who have died is true? I wonder this all the time...sometimes I will be just walking along and then look up and see a million diamonds in the sky. It usually makes me stop, sigh, then ponder....is it true that when people die they stay with us, or that when they promise to always be there that they can keep that promise? What if all that science nonsense about those twinkles being planets, or burning so hot a bazillion miles away weren't true? What if each star in the sky belongs to someone we have lost in this world and no matter where we are they really are watching?

There is this country song(no clue what it's called), but it has a line in it about the rain being tears pouring down from the floor of heaven as a loved one cries tears of joy....

In light of all the rain we are having I choose to believe that we all have someone pouring down upon us...

"Goodnight stars
Goodnight air
Goodnight voices everywhere" - from Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown

No comments: