background

Friday, February 18, 2011

Green, Blue, White, Red-the colors of my memories


Sometimes I'm not sure why I am facebook friends with my high school, but today's status update brought me back in time...today CHS will be having the Color Rally! This fills me with such nostalgia :). Now, I know that I was more of a passive participant (acting out skits still sorta terrifies me), but when my good friend P used to talk me into arriving at school around 4am to blow up an insane amount of balloons, I always secretly loved it...in my mind I can still picture little bits of each years' skits, with special mention for teenage mutant ninja turtles our freshman year, splish slashin' our sophomore year, break dancing by one of oldest friends,T, in our senior attempt to win, and to this day, when I hear Red Red Wine by UB40, I am momentarily sitting in the gym's bleachers, decked out amongst a sea of red, and feeling at that moment that we are all one.

Maybe it's that sense of undeniable unity that makes color rally so special. Faces painted, wigs, coordinated dance routines;it was a sight to behold. On that day kids from all different cliques join together...jocks and AP kids, skaters, and whatever groups we had back in high school...we were bonded with our classmates for a few short hours and it was magic...
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: