background

Sunday, February 13, 2011

a little damage, a lot of Home Good(s)

Today I was a girl on a mission. we just had our new dining table arrive for our informal dining room and it was even nicer than we imagined. sometimes those 5 minutes purchases on a whim can pay off...so, anyways, I needed to find placemats or chargers, another place setting for 4 to coordinate with the stone bowls I bought at target about 9 mos. ago, so off I went to get my nails done (totally different story), then I hit up pier 1 and then on to home goods. At pier 1 I found 3 sets of cloth napkins, the plates (a reddish color), napkin rings, and these gold shell chargers that are really beautiful. A trip across the street took me to my local Home Goods store and within about 30 minutes I had a piece of wall art, 2 large pictures, 1 large mirror (to be made into a wrapping paper holder for my craft room), 2 large fake trees, 3 smaller centerpiece items, more napkins and placemats. I arrived at a late lunch with PJ with him astonished at just how much I fit into my car (yet again) and when we got home we put everything out and it looks great. I told him that one day, when there is nothing left to decorate anymore, THEN he'll finally trust my design aesthetic LOL.

No comments: