background

Thursday, February 10, 2011

love fur!







I have a deep and unabiding love for all doggies, and I have been blessed to have had 3 prominent ones in my life. Pinkie was a sweet cocker spaniel, and I had her from age 4 to 18. She was my sister in all ways that mattered to a little girl who had lost her father at a young age and spent a lot of time alone after that. Thumper bounded into my life several years later and though she literally whipped us into shape with that tail of hers, it was her genuine heart and soul that made her the best dog I could have ever hoped for. I will never forget the last kiss she gave-to me, seconds before taking her last breath.

But the last 10+ years have been all about my misguided, misunderstood, often crazy, dog named Budget. Though my husband PJ is an accountant, don't be misled. He's named for the Budget Car Rental lot he was found in.

Budget is my world. He fills all my thoughts. He sighs, and I sigh. He smiles, and I smile. He is scared, and I go to comfort him. People tell me that I would do the same with my own child, but what they don't understand is that he is my child. To him I am family. I am part of his pack. When he's hungry, he knows how to tell me. When he wants to go for a walk outside to play, he knows how to ask and I will comply. We communicate. If only it was so simple to deal with everyone this easily.





No comments: